Below are the Terms of the conditions, if you which to discuss anything in them, please get in touch, they can be downloaded here and at the bottom of the page.
Updated June 2018
This agreement is between Dan Houghton Photography and …………………………………………………….
Date of wedding………………… Venue(s)……………………………………………………………………………………….
1. This agreement contains the entire understanding between Dan Houghton Photography and the Clients. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by the Clients and Dan Houghton Photography at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognised as amendments to this contract.
2. Upon receipt of deposit, Dan Houghton Photography will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the Reservation deposit of £200 is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The Reservation Deposit is to be paid at time of signing the contract or shortly after. The Reservation Deposit is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package. Deposit to be issued to Bank Details;
Mr D A T Houghton, Sort Code 40-23-10, Account 01529455
3. The Client(s) understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography package is due four weeks (1 month) before the date of the wedding.
4. In the event that the Client cancels the contracted services for wedding photography outlined in this contract 12 weeks before the wedding date takes place, the full balance of the contract will be due.
5. The Client is responsible for the photographer’s transport costs to and from the wedding venue, if applicable.
6. The Client is responsible for the costs of any accommodation required by the photographer, if applicable.
7. The client is responsible for providing a meal for the photographer during the day.
8. In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative photographer. Dan Houghton Photography will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer of the same professional standing and ability able and/or willing to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same/similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received.
9. Dan Houghton Photography takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of photographs. However, in the unlikely event of the Client’s photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Dan Houghton Photography’s control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
10. The Photographer will document the events in a candid manner and take formal portraits as necessary. The client should provide a full list of formal photographs required including names and relationship to the client.
11. Prior to or during the event, the Client may inform the photographer of subjects which they would like photographed, but the final content of the images is at the discretion of the Photographer.
12. Although every possible care will be taken to produce photographs of all important and special events during the wedding, Dan Houghton Photography cannot place an unconditional guarantee on the above.
13. The client will receive an edited selection of high-resolution JPEG digital images. The copyright in the photographs is owned by the photographer at all times throughout the world.
14. The Clients must confirm whether they consent to usage of photographs from the contract, in terms of display and advertising, this is completed in the Consent to usage document.
15. The Client understands that no photographs will be released before three weeks from your wedding date but no more than 5 weeks, except for, weddings taking place from 1st June to 31st October, when no photographs will be released before 4 weeks but no more than 8 weeks from the wedding date.
16. The client understands that no unedited images will be released.
17. The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management. The Client agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is The Client’s responsibility; Dan Houghton Photography will offer technical recommendations only.
18. Dan Houghton Photography will be the only professional photographer on the day of the wedding. Dan Houghton Photography reserves the right to ask other people to refrain from taking photographs at key times, if it is considered that this may compromise the quality of the photographs.
19. It is the clients’ responsibility to ensure that consent is obtained from all third parties, including but not restricted to, guests, service providers and product providers, for images of them to be captured by Dan Houghton Photography during your wedding day. Dan Houghton Photography will assume that such consent has been obtained.
20. Dan Houghton Photography will not tolerate any level of verbal abuse or aggression. Either will result in the immediate suspension of coverage.
21. If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect. I have read and understood the terms above. I hereby agree to the terms of this agreement.
Client Signatures: ______________ / _________________
Clients Address: __________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________
Photographers Signature: ____________________________
Please print, sign and return to Dan Houghton Photography by email email@example.com or the below address:
15 Rookery Terrace, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 8AY
They can be downloaded here